These are absolutely delicious! The filling is best when fresh corn is in season.
Star Raviolis in Sweet Basil Cream Sauce
Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri, 2008
Serves: 6 to 8 servings
- 2 ears Fresh sweet corn, shucked and removed from the cob
- 3 tablespoons Red bell pepper, minced
- 3 tablespoons sweet onion, diced
- 10 each Fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pinch nutmeg, ground
- 6 ounces ricotta cheese, room temp
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1 package wonton wrappers (I used homemade pasta dough)
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan, grated
Melt butter in sauté pan, add in corn, red bell pepper and onion. Let sauté until onion is translucent and corn has released some of its sugars. Add in 1/2 of the basil leaves and a couple of twists of black pepper. Add in 1/4 cup heavy cream and reduce by half. Set aside to cool.
When cool, smash up a bit with a fork, stir in ricotta and cream cheese. Place wonton wrappers down (three at a time works) and in the center of each, place 1 1/2 t filling. Brush exposed wrapper with egg yolk, carefully place a second wrapper on top and carefully seal edges, making sure to get out any air bubbles. Set aside on floured baking sheet and continue to assemble.
For Sauce: In clean saute pan, melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter, when melted, add in remaining basil, sauté until crisp and butter is just very lightly browning. Add in remaining cream and reduce to thickened. Salt and pepper to taste, serve over raviolis immediately.
Garnish with Parmesan.