Spicy Chicken With Lemon Garlic Basil Fettuccine
- 1 lb. Lemon Garlic Basil Fettuccine
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- Red Pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika and cayenne pepper
- 3 Tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound chicken breasts, grilled and cut into strips
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil and add the onions and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, red pepper, paprika, cayenne thyme, and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add the white wine and cook over high heat until nearly all evaporated. Add the half and half, lemon juice and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced. Add the chicken and cook until warm. Add the green onions and cook for 1 minute.
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, about 3 minutes (for fresh pasta). Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid. Return to the pot and toss with the olive oil and reserved cooking liquid. Cover to keep warm. Add the cooked pasta to the above and toss to coat with the sauce. Cook until the pasta is warmed through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add ¼ cup of the cheese. Turn out into a serving bowl and top with the remaining ¼ cup of cheese.