This is perfect for a brunch or any time for that matter. It is not super sweet and quite refreshing after all the sweets that have surfaced this holiday season! Moist and delicious. Enjoy!
cRANBERRY ORANGE lOAF Source: Allrecipes.com
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in orange zest, cranberries, and pecans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar, and egg until smooth. Stir in orange juice. Beat in flour mixture until just moistened. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until the bread springs back when lightly touched. Let stand 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Wrap in plastic when completely cool.