This is perfect for a brunch or any time for that matter. It is not super sweet and quite refreshing after all the sweets that have surfaced this holiday season! Moist and delicious. Enjoy!
cRANBERRY ORANGE lOAF Source: Allrecipes.com
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in orange zest, cranberries, and pecans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar, and egg until smooth. Stir in orange juice. Beat in flour mixture until just moistened. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until the bread springs back when lightly touched. Let stand 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Wrap in plastic when completely cool.
This looks 100 kinds of awesome. Yum. Yum.
Thank you – I’ve been munching on this for breakfast! 🙂
So you used REAL whole cranberries? They aren’t too sour in the bread? I might have to try to make this over the weekend but I guess I just can’t convince myself I don’t need the dried Craisins. 🙂
Yes, I use real whole cranberries in the recipe. It’s really good and not as tart as you would expect. This bread has just the right amount of sweetness with a little burst of tart from the cranberry. Let me know if you make it and like it! 🙂
Looks so delicious! I love cranberries 🙂
Thank you 🙂 I think you’d love this bread if you love cranberries!
I love this recipe, one of my favorites.