Yummy! I love this cheese Torte! I’ve been making this for years over the holidays. It’s pretty, it’s festive, and mostly importantly it’s incredibly good – what more could you want?
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese ( can use reduced fat)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ – 1 Cup pesto sauce to cover
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- additional red peppers, strips ( garnish)
- Line a one-quart dish with plastic wrap.
- Place the garlic and cheeses in a food processor, and process.
- Add oil and thyme, and process again until well combined.
- Spread 1/3 of the cheese mixture in the dish.
- Then spread the pesto over the cheese.
- Spread another 1/3 of the cheese mixture over the pesto.
- Next, layer with the chopped red peppers.
- Finish with the final layer of cheese.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hrs.
- When ready to serve, unmold onto serving plate and garnish with additional red pepper strips, and fresh herbs (thyme or basil) if desired.
- Serve with crackers or raw veggies.
- A Few Recipes (sweethomevirginia.wordpress.com)
- Eggplant, Bell Pepper, Pesto and Goat Cheese Sandwich (seattlefoodshed.wordpress.com)
Wow. This looks like a fantastic winter appetizer.
Thank you … we love it! 🙂
I can’t see the photos 😦 But I bet this is super delicious looking. Will have to try again later.
Hosting Game Night soon – this is perfect for hungry guests – Thanks for sharing!
~ Cookery for Two
Thank you! I hope you like it! And thanks so much for stopping by my blog! 🙂
This looks good Cheryl but can I use other type of cheese? I’m no fan of goat cheese and so is the hubby.
I’ve never made it with any other cheese, but I’m thinking an herb Boursin cheese might be a good replacement for the goat cheese?
Pingback: Easy Alfredo with Pesto Chicken « strawberry ginger