What a nice surprise I had when I discovered I had been given the Versatile Blogger Award by my blogger friend The Sandwich Lady. Being a fairly new blogger it feels great to know my blog is being read and enjoyed. Thank you so much Sandwich Lady for putting a smile on my face and making my day! Check out Catherine’s blog – it is interesting and well written! The sub-heading to her blog is “For people sandwiched in the middle of life and relationships” http://catherinebuday.wordpress.com/
According to tradition, if one receives the versatile blogger award they are a to thank the person that gave it to them (really? that should go without saying), post 7 random facts about themselves and award the Versatile Blogger Award to 15 other worthy bloggers and notify them that they have received the award.
So here are 7 random facts about myself:
- I have green eyes, which change according to the light, sometimes with yellow specks.
- I laugh in my sleep. Also unbeknownst to me, I sleep on my back with my leg bent and the other leg folded over my knee. Ahhhh I must be a comfortable laid back sleeper. Lol
- I have traveled to and vacationed at 7 Caribbean islands. I love to travel and if I had the resources I would travel the world. The number one place I want to visit is Italy.
- I have a clothing obsession; although I have improved and I’m working on this (I have given away garbage bags full of clothing to charity). I have four closets of clothes, one of which is arranged by color.
- I am kind-hearted and easy-going, although I have been told I’m too sensitive at times.
- I got my first dog when I was 40 and now I am a devoted dog lover and couldn’t imagine a life without my boys (dogs) They are awesome!
- I developed a fear of heights in my 20s. Don’t ask me why – I have no idea!
I thought about the last requirement … award 15 other bloggers with the Versatile Blogger Award. I’ve decided to buck tradition and create a new one. I will only be awarding 4 bloggers; for a few reasons: due to time constraints I only follow about 17 bloggers, some of the bloggers I would have liked to award already have received the award.
4 bloggs that I will be passing the award to are:
http://iamsimplytia.com/ (Tia has a food blog)
http://malouprestado.wordpress.com/ (Malou has a travel & food blog)
http://seattlefoodshed.wordpress.com/ (Mary has a food blog and has an urban farm in Seattle)
http://corkandspoon.wordpress.com/ (Ruth & Emilie have a food blog)
Please take a look at their blogs – all are wonderful and deserving of this award.