Okay so this isn’t your ordinary traditional pizza with red sauce and pepperoni. If you are feeling adventurous and you like the flavors of Thai cuisine you’ll be luvin this pizza and making it again. This pizza combines all the flavors you’ve come to love from Thai cuisine including peanut butter, hoisin sauce, fresh ginger, fresh cilantro … and more. A wonderful medley of flavors infuse your taste buds as you enjoy each and every bite. Mmmmm … what could be better?! If all you’ve ever made is traditional pizza why not step outside your comfort zone and give it a try. Enjoy!
Yield: 2 Pizzas
Spicy peanut sauce
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger ( or more if you wish)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon vietnamese chili sauce ( or dried chili flakes)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce (or fish sauce)
- 2 tablespoons water
Thai chicken pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
For the pizza
- 1 pizza dough, use your own recipe
- cornmeal or flour, for handling
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 scallions, slivered diagonally
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Combine sauce ingredients in a small pan over medium heat.
Bring the sauce to a boil; boil gently for one minute.
Divide into 2 portions for use on chicken and pizza; set aside.
To make Thai chicken: Cook the chicken in olive oil over med-high heat, stirring, until just cooked; 5 to 6 minutes do not overcook.
Set aside in refrigerator until chilled through.
Once chilled, coat the chicken with 1/4 cup sauce.
Set aside in refrigerator.
To make the pizza: Use a large spoon to spread 1/4 cup sauce evenly over pizza dough within the rim.
Cover sauce with 3/4 cup cheese.
Distribute half the chicken pieces over the cheese followed by half the green onions, and carrots, respectively.
Sprinkle an additional 1/4 cup cheese over the toppings and top the pizza with 1 TBSP chopped peanuts.
Transfer the pizza to preheated 425 oven; bake until crisp and golden and the cheese is bubbly, approximately 20 minutes.
When cooked through, remove pizza from oven.
Sprinkle 1TBSP chopped cilantro over the hot cheesy surface.
Repeat with remaining ingredients for a second pizza.