This is a recipe I’ve made several times and find myself craving it if I haven’t made it for a while. It has just the right amount of heat. Combine all the ingredients and add the avocado, taking this salad over the top to creamy deliciousness. Enjoy!
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and 1/2-inch diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup small diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno peppers, seeded (2 peppers)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (2 limes)
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, seeded, peeled, and 1/2-inch diced
Place the tomatoes, yellow pepper, black beans, red onion, jalapeno peppers, and lime zest in a large bowl. Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic, and cayenne pepper and pour over the vegetables. Toss well.
Just before you’re ready to serve the salad, fold the avocados into the salad. Check the seasoning and serve at room temperature.
Source: Ina Garten