- Do you like popcorn? √
- Do you like Peanut Butter? √
- Do you like Chocolate? √
- Do you like Carmel Corn? √
Answering yes to the above you need to make this now. This is seriously good Carmel Corn. Enjoy!
- 20 cups popped popcorn (about 2 bags of
- popcorn) (or 1 cup kernels)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup light-colored corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 250° F.
Place popcorn in a large bowl. Spray two large shallow baking dishes with non-stick cooking spray. (I found that a roasting pan was just the perfect size.)
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Pour over popcorn, stirring to coat.
Transfer coated popcorn in the prepared baking dishes and bake in preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool completely then break into pieces. Stir in peanuts.
In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the peanut butter chips and vegetable shortening and heat for 2-2 1/2 minutes or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Drizzle over the popcorn and toss to combine.
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips until just melted and smooth (about 1-1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds). Transfer to a Ziploc bag and cut a small corner of the bag and drizzle over the popcorn. Place the two pans in the refrigerator until chocolate has hardened. Break into small pieces and serve.
Yields: 20 servings