Thinking Outside the Noodle – Part II
When I first came across this recipe I wasn’t sure about it, but I saved it and put it into my “to make” folder. It was certainly different, but intriguing. I was looking through the folder and saw this again and that’s when the inspiration hit me. This would be great with cilantro lime noodles. I wasn’t wrong! I loved the combination and each bite was bursting with incredible flavors. Think outside the noodle and give it a try! Enjoy!
- 1 lb Cilantro Lime Fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – grilled and cut into pieces
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 mango – peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped fine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add fettuccine pasta, cook for 3-4 minutes, until almost done, and drain.
- Heat the olive oil in the skillet, and cook the onion and red pepper until tender. Mix in the garlic, ginger, mango, and jalapeno, and continue to cook and stir 5 minutes, or until mango is soft. Gradually mix the half and half into the skillet, and cook 5 minutes, until thickened.
- Add the grilled chicken to the skillet. Stir in the partially cooked pasta, and chopped cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir 2 minutes, until ingredients are well blended and pasta is al dente. Mix in the cheese. Garnish with cilantro to serve.
Source: Adapted from Allrecipes
Coming Next – Thinking Outside the Noodle – Part III – Pesto Fettuccine Noodles