I started making this salad a couple of summers ago and it was love at first taste. It combines all the wonderful asian cuisine flavors I have come to love such as tamari, fresh ginger root, and peanut; culminating into one fantastic salad!
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup tamari ( or use soy sauce)
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons peeled fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed chili pepper flakes ( or to taste)
- 3/4 lb linguine ( or use vermicelli or thin spaghetti)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper and 1 yellow pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup of sliced carrots
- 2-3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender; drain and rinse well under COLD water, then toss with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, transfer to a large bowl, then add in the red bell pepper and green onions.
- Using a food processor or blender puree all the dressing ingredients until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Just before serving pour the dressing over the cooked pasta and veggies, then add in the toasted sesame seeds; toss well to combine.
Source: Adapted from Food.com