Why not mix it up by trying another potato salad recipe instead of a “traditional” potato salad recipe. While I still enjoy my traditional potato salad, this has become one of my favorites, it reminds me of a baked potato with cheese and bacon and sour cream goodness. Enjoy!
- 2 1/2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 5 slices of bacon, crumbled
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- Place the potatoes into a pot, and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork. Drain, and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise, half of the onions, and half of the cheese. Gently stir in the cooled potatoes. Top with remaining cheese and onions, and sprinkle bacon bits over the top.
This looks fantastic! Great option for Memorial Day. What would you put with it? Maybe some terrific grilled fish…something light?
Hi there! Thank you very much! I personally have only made chicken or steak or hamburgers with potato salad. I’m not sure why I never eat potatoes with fish, but I’m sure it would go just as well – it is probably just a personal preference. I hope you are enjoying beautiful weather! Have a great day.
Love the idea of the crispy bacon – must give it a real edge.
Oh it does … gives it just the flavor it needs!
You can’t go wrong with bacon.
Very beautiful blog. Glad to have found it. Perfect potato salad pictures.
Hello. Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. 🙂
I find it very difficult to pass up a good potato salad and this one’s definitely not one to miss 🙂
Thank you so much! I love it!
Thank you for offering up a unique potato salad. That stuff from the deli section of the grocery store does not cut it anymore. Wonderful texture and flavor contrasts, great presentation.
My pleasure! Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I would have to agree with you … deli salad YUCK!
I just made this one with the same idea, no more nasty potato salad when good stuff is right at our fingertips 🙂
That looks fabulous! I never thought of using grilled potatoes – great idea! 🙂
Yum! My daughter will adore this!
Thanks! I think you’ll love it (and your daughter) … definitely not ordinary potato salad, but sooo good!