Why not mix it up by trying another potato salad recipe instead of a “traditional” potato salad recipe. While I still enjoy my traditional potato salad, this has become one of my favorites, it reminds me of a baked potato with cheese and bacon and sour cream goodness. Enjoy!
- 2 1/2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 5 slices of bacon, crumbled
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- Place the potatoes into a pot, and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork. Drain, and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise, half of the onions, and half of the cheese. Gently stir in the cooled potatoes. Top with remaining cheese and onions, and sprinkle bacon bits over the top.