- 1/2 cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed, cut on diagonal into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/4 pounds uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 3/4 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 12 ounces penne pasta (or pasta of choice)
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Heat oil reserved from tomatoes in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and sauté until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer asparagus to bowl. Add sun-dried tomatoes, shrimp, 1/4 cup basil, garlic, oregano, and crushed red pepper to same skillet and sauté until shrimp are just opaque in center, about 3 minutes. Transfer shrimp mixture to bowl with asparagus. Add broth, wine, and tomato paste to same skillet. Boil until sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes.
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain; return pasta to same pot. Add shrimp mixture, sauce, remaining 1/4 cup basil, and cheese to pasta. Toss over medium heat until warmed through and sauce coats pasta. Season with salt and pepper and serve.