This was the first time making this recipe and I thought it would go well with my home-made sun-dried tomato fettuccine. Turns out I was right! I also had been searching for ways to use Arugula from my garden, beside the obvious salad. I’ve never made this combination of ingredients before with pasta, but I thought it was quite good! For those of you who don’t like goat cheese I think it could be left out and will still taste great! Enjoy!
- Grape tomatoes, cut in half, seeded, chopped (about 5 cups)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 thick bacon slices, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium leeks (white and pale green parts only), finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 5 cups coarsely chopped fresh arugula (about 6 ounces)
- 1 lb Fresh Sun-dried Tomato Fettuccine
- 6 ounces soft fresh goat cheese , crumbled
- 6 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese
Combine tomatoes and vinegar in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand until tomatoes release their juice, about 15 minutes.
Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon; cook until crisp, about 5 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels.
Add leeks to same skillet and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic, rosemary and crushed red pepper; sauté 1 minute. Add tomato mixture and cooked bacon. Simmer until tomatoes are heated through, about 4 minutes. Add arugula and simmer until wilted, about 1 minute.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, about 3 minutes. Drain.
Transfer pasta to large bowl. Add goat cheese, 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and tomato mixture. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve, passing additional Parmesan separately.
Source: Slightly adapted from: Epicurious.com