This was an easy and delicious way to serve trout. I especially liked the bean and arugula salad – it was a wonderful accompaniment to the trout.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 2 10-ounce cleaned boned butterflied trout
- 1 cup coarsely sliced arugula
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Cook butter in small skillet over medium heat until brown, stirring often, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Mix in oil, then shallots, vinegar, capers, and rosemary. Season vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper.
Mix beans, lemon peel, and 2 tablespoons vinaigrette in medium skillet. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Brush a little vinaigrette over flesh side of trout; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place skillet with beans on edge of grill to warm through. Grill trout, flesh side down, until brown, about 2 minutes. Turn trout over; grill until cooked through, about 2 minutes. Transfer trout to plates. Mix arugula into warm beans; spoon alongside trout. Rewarm remaining vinaigrette; spoon over trout and beans.