This is a different take on Thai food using pasta instead of rice. Enjoy!
- 1 14-ounce can light unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (nam pla)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 1/4 cups chopped fresh basil
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 cups small fresh broccoli florets (about 5 ounces)
Stir coconut milk, curry paste and ginger in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until paste dissolves, about 1 minute. Mix broth and cornstarch in small bowl until cornstarch dissolves; mix into skillet. Stir until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add chicken, fish sauce and lime juice. Simmer over medium heat until chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes. Add bell pepper, green onions and basil and cook 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook linguine in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Add broccoli and boil 1 minute. Drain pasta and broccoli. Return to pot.
Pour sauce mixture over pasta and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.