One of my favorite ways to enjoy tomatoes from the garden besides Caprese Salad is to make fresh salsa. There is nothing better than tomatoes from the garden and when combined with garlic and cilantro … well, it’s impossible to resist! I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and the only change I made was the addition of garlic. Enjoy!
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 5 slices pickled jalapeno peppers, or to taste
- 6 fresh tomatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 Cloves Garlic finely Chopped
- Place onion, bell pepper, cilantro, garlic and jalapeno peppers into a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Add tomatoes, and pulse just a few times until the tomatoes are coarsely chopped. Transfer to a bowl with a tight-fitting lid.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, lime juice, and salt.
- Pour dressing over tomatoes, and stir well. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
*I usually take the seeds out of my tomatoes, chop by hand and let sit in a colander to drain the liquid for about an hour.