It’s a rainy, dreary morning here in Ohio and a perfect day to make some home-made pasta. It’s days like this that I don’t mind being inside. Here is another pasta recipe to try. I made this the other week and we both liked it! Enjoy your week-end and make some pasta!
- 1 lb. home-made fettuccine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup butter(I found the addition of added fat is not necessary)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute shrimp until pink. Stir in green onions, garlic and brandy. Carefully ignite brandy with a match, or the gas flame. Cook for 2 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes, and cook 2 minutes. Stir in wine and butter, and season with basil, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes. Stir in Parmesan. Toss with pasta until evenly coated.
Source: All recipes.com