Last week I posted my recipe for Fresh Rosemary Garlic Fettuccine. The fresh fettuccine pairs well with this recipe of grilled chicken and fresh vegetables in a cream sauce. Did I say … it’s deliciously decadent? It is … rich, creamy and delicious. After making the broccoli cheddar soup and this I think it’s time to go back to some healthy lower fat eating! Enjoy … you can splurge once in a while.
Grilled Chicken & Fresh Vegetables in a Cream Sauce
- Fresh Garlic Rosemary Fettuccine Noodles
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups cubed grilled chicken
- 1 Orange or Red Pepper
- 2 Cups Broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- Grape tomatoes – halved
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta until al dente. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add wine or broth and garlic. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Combine flour and water until smooth; gradually add to mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil. Add broccoli, peppers and grape tomatoes. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain pasta. Add the pasta, chicken, parmesan cheese, capers, salt and pepper to cream sauce. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Adapted from: Taste of Home