I have to admit I was skeptical making this recipe. I do enjoy fruit salsa on fish but I just wasn’t sure about strawberries. As soon as I took my first bite I loved it. It’s a nice change from a mango salsa and goes perfectly with fish. I’ve also made this with salmon which is awesome! This is one of my new “go to” salsa recipes. Give it a try … Enjoy!
Tilapia Fillets & Strawberry Salsa (serves 2)
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsps lemon juice
- 5 large strawberries, de-topped and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped white onion
- 2 tsps lime juice
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped or 1 tablespoon Thai Red Chili Sauce
- Mix the strawberries, onion, jalapeno, ginger, lime juice and red wine vinegar together. Stir well and let sit in the fridge for at least 15 mins so the flavors can mingle.
- Generously season each fillet, pour lemon juice over both and place 1/2 tbsp of butter on each. Grill until fish turns opaque and flakes easily.
- Serve with a spoonful of salsa.
This looks delicious!
Thank you … it is good and is versatile with different fish!
Wow, your photos look amazing…I want to eat it all over again 🙂 Thanks for trying and sharing, Cat
Thanks! I’m the one that should be thanking you for posting it. I love this salsa and have made it several times! 🙂
Yummy in my tummy 🙂
Sent from my iPhone