I have so much lettuce and arugula growing right now I’m searching for new and delicious salad recipes. I love this salad – it is light and perfect for a main meal! The dressing takes it over the top. Even if you don’t like goat cheese, another cheese would work just as well. Enjoy!
Mixed Greens & Strawberry Salad with Chicken, Goat Cheese & Avocado Recipe
Mixed greens tossed with sliced strawberries, chopped cooked chicken, avocado, crumbled goat cheese and sliced almonds in a simple honey citrus vinaigrette
- 8 cups mixed greens, well rinsed and drained
- 4 cups grilled chopped chicken
- 1-1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 medium avocado, cubed
- ¼ red onion, sliced very thinly
- ¼ cup sliced almonds or chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- To prepare dressing, in a jar with a tight cover, combine the olive oil, honey, orange juice, rice wine vinegar and mustard. Cover the jar tightly and shake until well blended. (Or whisk everything together in a small bowl.)
- In a large bowl, place the mixed greens, sliced strawberries, avocado cubes, sliced onion, sliced almonds.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over and toss until everything is combined and coated with dressing.
- Add the goat cheese crumbles and toss again gently.
- Serve immediately.