Healthy food makes me feel better! I made this salad and took it for my lunches during the week. One day I added some grilled chicken and another day I added grilled fish.
You can’t go wrong with this powerhouse of super food ingredients – Quinoa and Pomegranate. And you know what … I really did like it. I especially like the bursts of juice, sweetness tart that the pomegranate delivers. Like an explosion in your mouth. Get cooking and get healthy! Enjoy!
Quinoa and Pomegranate Salad
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup scallions
- 1 pomegranate
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring 4 cups salted water to a rolling boil. Add quinoa and cook for 14 minutes or until tender.
- Drain quinoa and rinse under cold water. Drain again and set aside.
- Cut open your pomegranate and remove the seeds. Throw away the pomegranate peel.
- Wash and chop parsley and scallions.
- Wisk together olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup, pepper and salt.
- Toss cooled quinoa with dressing, cherry tomatoes, parsley, scallions and pomegranate seeds. Mix well and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to cool.
Slightly Adapted From: dailydelights.sheknows.com