Unfortunately my Mother and Dad don’t live close by. So when I do get to travel and visit them I always like to bake things they like and bring something special. This past trip I decided to make my mother a cookie bouquet. She has seen my cookies on my blog, but it’s not like seeing the real thing. And, after all, she is a very special mother and deserves a cookie bouquet! Why not try your hand at decorating cookies for someone special in your life by making a cookie bouquet. It really isn’t hard, you just need to invest some time and lots of love!
I also found another sugar cookie recipe which I like even better than the one I had been using. I do not use the “frosting” recipe that is along with the sugar cookies; I use royal icing which hardens nicely for decorated sugar cookies.
Recipe Source: food.com
Kittencal’s Buttery Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
- For cookies; in a large bowl combine butter with sugar, eggs, vanilla and almond extract; beat using an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl combine the flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually stir into the butter mixture until well blended.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours.
- Set oven to 400°F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper (do not grease cookie sheets use parchment paper only).
- On a very lightly floured surface roll out the dough into about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters.
- Place cookies 2-inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 4-6 minutes.
Too cool. Love the butterfly, and I’m sure Grandma did too. Glad that you all could catch up with my folks via facetime!
Thanks Jared! The butterfly was my favorite. She did like them and we took one to my Dad and he held it and said “pretty”. Facetime was a hoot … it was great to catch up and we even got to see the monster fridge that your mom loves! 🙂
They are too pretty to eat !!!
Sent from my iPhone
Those are just crazy beautiful….Your Mom must be totally impressed with her dear Daughter’s thoughtfulness (and talents!) no doubt!
Thank you! 🙂 She did enjoy showing them to her friends and the butterfly flew out of the bouquet and was eaten. 🙂
Congratulations, these biscuits are perfect and very beautiful. I hope you can put a “like” in my blog. Good-bye from Italy
Pingback: Christmas Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing – Snowmen and Snowflakes | Pasta Princess and More