Happy Valentine’s Day! It’s all about hearts . . . decorated heart sugar cookies. The design options are endless. Have you tried decorating sugar cookies yet with Royal Icing? There are so many different ways to say “I love You” … and today I’m saying it with cookies. Enjoy!
Recipe Source: food.com
Kittencal’s Buttery Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
- For cookies; in a large bowl combine butter with sugar, eggs, vanilla and almond extract; beat using an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl combine the flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually stir into the butter mixture until well blended.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours.
- Set oven to 400°F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper (do not grease cookie sheets use parchment paper only)
- On a very lightly floured surface roll out the dough into about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters.
- Place cookies 2-inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 4-6 minutes.
(I do not use the icing recipe that come with this cookie recipe.)
Pinning this baby!! What wonderful looking cookies – and I got a kick out of seeing the old Valentine’s Day cards, similar, I’m sure, to those we used to send in my childhood.
You’ve got MAD decorating skills. These look so yummy 🙂
Thank you Jess. 🙂
What adorable Valentine’s cookies! I love all the different patterns you did.
Perfect! So cute!
Pingback: I’m Seeing Bunnies in My Sleep | Pasta Princess and More