Ahi tuna is one of my favorite and on the grill with an orange ginger soy sauce … oh yeah .that’s what I’m talking about! Not only is this tuna delicious, but it’s healthy and quick. This is a great meal for during the week when time is limited. ENJOY!
Orange ginger soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons white miso
- 3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Whisk until the miso dissolves. Serve with seared tuna.
Seared sesame crusted tuna
- ¾ to 1 lb sushi grade yellowfin tuna
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Cut the tuna into 2-3 rectangular pieces.
- Mix the sesame seeds together on a plate.
- Press the tuna into the sesame seeds on all sides.
- Heat canola oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Sear the tuna for 20 seconds on each side, then transfer to a paper towel to drain. Let rest a couple of minutes.
- Slice into ¼-thick pieces and serve with orange ginger dipping sauce.
Source: Click Here
LOVE tuna, and your presentation is absolutely stunning. Good job on the photos and recipe 🙂
Thank you so much for the nice compliments!
Pingback: Let It Grow! – Tuna Steaks with Ginger Chile Marinade | Real Food on the Table