This is a fantastic recipe and a great way to use your garden fresh snap or snow peas! My garden snap and snow peas are doing awesome this year. I am quite simply amazed at the height they have grown to … about 4 – 5 feet tall! Even if you don’t have a garden, go ahead and try this stir fry. Enjoy!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 Tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- black pepper
- 2/3 cup fat-free, reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Thai chili garlic sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 large carrots, sliced thinly on the bias
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups snap peas (or snow peas)
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped canned baby corn
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoots
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice, cooked according to package directions
- Toss together shrimp, 1 Tablespoon soy sauce, plus a couple grinds of black pepper in a bowl then set aside. In a separate bowl, combine remaining soy sauce, broth, brown sugar, Thai chili garlic sauce, and garlic. Microwave for 20 seconds in the microwave, then stir and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in a lark wok or skillet over high heat. Add shrimp and cook until no longer pink on the outside, about 2-3 minutes. Add carrot, broccoli, snow peas, onion, bamboo shoots and remaining oil if needed, then stir fry for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add water chestnuts and baby corn, then stir to combine.
- Add the sauce and cashews to the wok, then let sauce bubble for 2 minutes. Serve over cooked white rice.