I love that pizza is so versatile and there is no end to the creativity of toppings. This pizza tastes like a Reuben Sandwich. So easy … and oh so good! ENJOY!
1 (1 pound) pizza dough
1/2 cup thousand island dressing
2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
6 ounces deli sliced corned beef, cut into strips
1 cup sauerkraut – rinsed and drained
|1.||Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Grease a large pizza pan. On a lightly floured surface, roll the pizza dough out into a large circle about 14 inches across. Transfer to the prepared pizza pan and press up the sides.|
|2.||Spread the salad dressing over the crust. Sprinkle with the Swiss cheese. Arrange corned beef over the cheese, Top with sauerkraut|
|4.||Bake for approximately 24 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese melts and toppings are heated and crust is golden brown.|
Pizza Dough – This is the best pizza dough I have tried. It is super easy, but you do need to remember to make it the day before as it sits in the fridge overnight.
4 1/2 cups bread flour
1 3/4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon instant yeast
1/4 cup olive oil
1 3/4 cups water (ice cold)
1 tablespoon sugar
cornmeal (or semolina flour) for dusting
1. Mix the flour, salt and yeast in a large bowl.
2. Add the oil, water and sugar and mix until it forms a sticky ball of dough.
3. Knead on a clean surface for 5-7 minutes adding flour if it is too wet or water if it is too dry.
4. Cut the dough into three pieces and form them into balls.
5. Place the dough balls on a pan, spray them with oil and cover them with plastic.
6. Place the dough in the fridge and let it rest over night or up to three days.
7. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and form it into discs. Lightly flour the discs, spray them with oil, cover them with parchment paper and let them rest for 2 hours.
8. Flour (or oil) your hands and lay the dough across your knuckles. Lightly bounce the dough on your knuckles, turning it and stretching it until it reaches the size that you want. Or … alternatively, roll out and shape into pizza pan.
9. Place the dough on a baking pan dusted with cornmeal.
10. Add your pizza toppings.
11. Bake in a preheated 450F oven until golden brown on top, about 20-22 minutes.
wow. does this look good!!!
Thank you … if you like Rueben sandwiches you will love the pizza. 🙂
Pingback: 7 St. Patrick's Day Recipes You Need to Try - Will Foods Blog