This is not your traditional cucumber salad … it’s so much better. It combines some of the Thai flavors I have come to love. My garden had a bumper crop of cucumbers this year and even after canning Dill Pickles and Bread and Butter Pickles I still had an abundance. I won’t be needing an excuse to make this salad again. ENJOY!
Sweet N’ Sour Thai Cucumber Salad
- 3 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP white vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt [plus extra, to taste]
- ⅛ tsp dill [fresh or dried]
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp fresh minced garlic
- 2 cups chickpeas [canned or cooked from dry]
- ¼-1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro, plus extra to garnish
- 1.5 large english cucumbers (any kind of cucumber will work)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup finely minced onion
- 2-3 extra large carrots
- 2 TBSP honey
- 2 TBSP rice vinegar
- ½-1 TBSP sesame seeds
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, garlic powder, dill, salt, and minced garlic and whisk to emulsify.
- In a medium bowl add chickpeas, minced onion, chopped bell pepper, ½ an English cucumber [chopped] and cilantro.
- Pour in dressing and mix thoroughly. The longer you allow them to marinate the more intense the flavor will be!
- Next, using a spiralizer or tool of choice curl one english cucumber and 2-3 large carrots [the biggest, thickest carrots you can find] into raw spiral noodles.
- Whisk together 2 tablespoons of honey with 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar and pour over salad.
- Top with extra chopped cilantro and a hearty sprinkle of sesame and chia seeds.