Yummy! I love this cheese Torte! I’ve been making this for years over the holidays. It’s pretty, it’s festive, and mostly importantly it’s incredibly good – what more could you want?
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese ( can use reduced fat)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ – 1 Cup pesto sauce to cover
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- additional red peppers, strips ( garnish)
- Line a one-quart dish with plastic wrap.
- Place the garlic and cheeses in a food processor, and process.
- Add oil and thyme, and process again until well combined.
- Spread 1/3 of the cheese mixture in the dish.
- Then spread the pesto over the cheese.
- Spread another 1/3 of the cheese mixture over the pesto.
- Next, layer with the chopped red peppers.
- Finish with the final layer of cheese.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hrs.
- When ready to serve, unmold onto serving plate and garnish with additional red pepper strips, and fresh herbs (thyme or basil) if desired.
- Serve with crackers or raw veggies.
- A Few Recipes (sweethomevirginia.wordpress.com)
- Eggplant, Bell Pepper, Pesto and Goat Cheese Sandwich (seattlefoodshed.wordpress.com)