The pairing of chicken, oranges and blue cheese along with a homemade orange dressing is magical. I have made this with and without the grilled chicken. Feta is also good in this salad in place of the gorgonzola.
- 3/4 cup walnut halves
- 10 ounces mixed salad greens with arugula
- 1 can mandarin oranges or 2 cutie pie oranges
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
In a large bowl, toss the toasted walnuts, salad greens, oranges, cranberries and red onion.
In a large jar with a lid, mix the olive oil, vegetable oil, orange juice, sugar, vinegar, mustard, oregano, and pepper. Seal jar, and shake to mix.
Divide the salad greens mixture into individual servings. To serve, sprinkle with Gorgonzola cheese, and drizzle with the dressing mixture.