Soft, with a slightly crunchy exterior these sugar cookies are delicious! I made these cookies with my new Sugar Cookie recipe which is now my favorite. If you are not a fan of almond you can swap it out and just use all vanilla extract. I don’t use the recipe for the frosting, just the sugar cookies. I use Royal Icing for decorating.
This is the first cookie bouquet I’ve used with tissue paper … and I like it! My friend liked her cookie bouquet … and purple is her favorite color. Mix up a batch today, get your decorating tools out and make a friend smile!
Recipe Source: food.com
Kittencal’s Buttery Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
- For cookies; in a large bowl combine butter with sugar, eggs, vanilla and almond extract; beat using an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl combine the flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually stir into the butter mixture until well blended.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours.
- Set oven to 400°F.
- Line cookie shee
- ts with parchment paper (do not grease cookie sheets use parchment paper only).
- On a very lightly floured surface roll out the dough into about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters.
- Place cookies 2-inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 4-6 minutes.