This was quite good – although I probably would only make this once in awhile due to the fat content. I discovered this recipe on another blogger’s great site. Check it out he has some really good recipes! I could not find porcini or cremini mushrooms so I substituted baby bella mushrooms and omitted the soaking in water and sautéed in butter.
Servings: makes 4 servings
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 1 pound green beans
- Soak the dried porcini mushrooms in the water for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and saute until tender, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and thyme and saute until fragrant, about a minutes.
- Add the cremini mushrooms and saute until the start to caramelized and turn golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the porcini mushrooms and the water they were soaking in to the pan and simmer at medium-high until reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Add the cream and parmigiano reggiano, season with salt and pepper and simmer until it thickens, about 2-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile steam the green beans.
- Remove the mushrooms from the heat and mix in the parsley.
- Serve the green beans covered in the mushroom sauce.