Enjoy the simple pleasures in life! This philosophy is something I have always embraced … it truly is the simple things in life that bring me the most pleasure and enjoyment in life. It is all about being in the moment. Simple pleasures I have experienced this week are walking my dogs and observing them. Even though they walk every day when I ask them if they want to go for a walk they get so excited, wagging their tails and prancing about, as if they have never gone for a walk before. We can learn a lot from our dogs, they don’t worry about the past, they don’t obsess about the future, they simply enjoy the moments. They treat experiences like walking as if it is something new and exciting, they don’t become complacent … they live in the moment.
Simple pleasures I have experienced this week are:
- Observing the trees each day, slowly opening their buds to expose their brilliant lime green leaves … one day at a time
- The warmth of the sunshine on my face
- Noticing the magnolia tree buds expanding and unveiling their beauty
- My daffodils, opening for the first time ever since their planting in the Fall
- Blades of grass growing at an amazing speed from one day to the next
- Seeing all my perennial flowers emerge from the warming soil
- The smell of freshly cut grass
- My cherry tree buds opening and embracing the sunshine … and the pleasures go on and on as spring enfolds.
Northeast Ohio has been blessed with a very early Spring/Summer and pleasures abound in nature … take time to notice all that is around you and revel in the simple pleasures of life, of Spring, everything is new, everything is fresh .. a season of new beginnings unfolds.
This is one of my favorite meals during the week. It is quick, easy, healthy, simple and very good!
Place sliced mushrooms in a pan with sliced garlic and a little olive oil until browned, add fresh baby spinach until just wilted and serve.
Grilled Ahi Tuna:
There are numerous recipes for grilled tuna, but Ahi Tuna is so delicious it doesn’t need much. I sprinkled this with Ginger citrus seasoning and grilled 3 minutes per side. Be careful not to over cook.
Plate on top of spinach, serve and enjoy!